11.07.2011

More leaf art

Here's my fall mantle:

See the empty frame?  My plan was to get a print of some fall leaves for it.  That didn't work out, because as it turns out, my Costco photo account had been cancelled because I hadn't ordered any pictures for a year (whoops).  So I emailed them and they emailed back saying it would be 2-3 weeks before my account was reinstated (really?).  So I came up with something else.

I did these last year and I still really like them.  My idea for the mantle frame was similar and first involved going on a walk with my girls to collect leaves.  It was fun.  Then I pressed them.  Then I glued them to a 5x7 sheet of paper (I actually used the paper that came in the frame):
I did a few layers and made sure the paper was covered entirely.

Then I trimmed the edges:

Then I put it in the frame:
I love it- simple, natural, and it adds a bit of color to my kind of bland mantle:

3 comments:

Julie said...

I absolutely love this!!! I might have to give that a try! It adds such a nice splash of color.

http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

Between U & Me said...

I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
www.betweenuandme.com

Erin said...

This looks so nice and easy too.