3.12.2010

Little legs leggings

So, I tried sewing on a knit a few days back, to make Mim some leggings.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm definitely not going to take any close up pictures of the hems.  I plan on making some red ones next, then I think it would be a good idea to have them in several shades of pink.  Honestly, I want them for her in every color.  Plus, you could easily get 2 pairs per half a yard of fabric, which means these babies only cost $1.75.  I'm going to try some embellishments on the next pair, as well.  Buttons along the bottom hem, or maybe a gather up the outside of the leg.
 Also, the top she's wearing is actually one of her old newborn dresses (I think it's 6 month size, actually).  She had so many of those little dresses and I just adored them, so it's nice to be able to recycle them.  Plus, the red makes her eyes look especially blue.  I got the idea of recycling little dresses from here.  I couldn't find the post where she specifically talks about doing it, but her blog is full of great re-purposing ideas.  I've already cut the tops off of a few of Mim's onsies that never fit her quite right (i.e. were too baggy when they were the right length, but now that she'll fill them out, they're much too short) to make into some little dresses, once I find some coordinating fabric.

No comments: