2.16.2012

Another Garnet Hill Knockoff

This time, it's a pillow! I say "another" because one of my most popular posts of all time was this one, where I recreated a shirt from their catalog.

Looking through the last catalog they sent me, these really caught my eye:

Really simple and cute.
So here's my version:
{I even drew my husband's power alleys!}
When I was practicing on paper, I was trying to draw people in the same style GH did. It was not working for me, so I went with how I've been drawing stick people for the last 10 years or so. I'm glad I did it that way. It's a little rougher and sketchier, but my people look happier.

Here's what I did- I cut out a basic envelope back pillow cover and then drew on the front piece, first with a disappearing ink fabric marker and then with a Sharpie. YUP. A Sharpie. We'll have to see how it holds up. I'll definitely be washing it in cold water, but if it gets ruined I'll toss it and try with a paint pen.

Sooo-oooo, I love it. It makes me happy to see it and my daughter loves pointing to everyone and telling me who they are.
The photos aren't great- they're from my phone. My little point n shoot gave up the ghost recently (which I was all mad about because I've been working on several projects that I've wanted to take pictures of), so hooray for tax return and possibly getting a nice camera. I still can't decide if I would use it enough/well enough to justify the cost.

Anyway, hooray for pillows!

1 comment:

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

That is just adorable!!! Camera's are a big investment, but well worth the return if you put some time into learning them!
I have a link party if you want to come!
http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/02/project-party-weekend-shamrock-wreath.html