6.17.2011

Sidewalk chalk fun + learning

I'm sure I'm not the first person who has ever thought of this, but my mom thought it was really great and wasn't something she'd done before (and I have 5 siblings), so I'd thought I'd put it up here.


Mim is big into hopping these days, as well as shapes and colors.  So now when we go outside to do sidewalk chalk, it turns into a learning game where I draw a bunch of different shapes on the patio and then ask her to jump (or stomp, or stand on one leg on) the shape I name.  It's really fun.  We've tried it with letters and numbers before, as well (she didn't like that as much as just the shapes or colors).

Here's what I mean:

In this variation, I only drew circles (her favorite shape- "Mo kirkle, pees?") and then had her find all the ones of the same color.  Anyway, there's about a million ways you could adapt or modify this and if you're looking for something to do with your little kids this summer, give it a try!

2 comments:

Alia Dalwai said...

Hi!
I used to do something like this when I was a kid!
I am your Follower.
I really like your blog! Great posts!
Keep up the good work!
Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!
Have a Nice day, God Bless!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Alia Dalwai said...

Hi!
I used to do something like this when I was a kid!
I am your Follower.
I really like your blog! Great posts!
Keep up the good work!
Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!
Have a Nice day, God Bless!

Alia
http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/